author, artist, podcaster, social alchemist, thought leader, change agent
10 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME1. I grew up Catholic, but it’s been many years since I practiced. I’m OK with referring to myself as a lapsed Catholic, but I really dislike the term “recovering Catholic.” I don’t even consider myself a traditional Christian anymore, but my former Catholicism will always be a part of me.
2. I am a birthmother in an open adoption. My son was born in February 1995, and I have a good relationship with him and his family. I loved his mom from the start, but his dad wasn’t my biggest fan at first – we’ve evolved over the years into a pleasant relationship. If you are interested, I started a blog about my adoption experience a few years ago. I haven’t posted lately, but the story is there, in pieces.
3. I am a very fussy eater. Things I don’t like that many people do: mushrooms, raspberries, olives, ketchup, coffee, sweet & sour (anything sweet in my food-food). Favorite foods: watermelon, salads, cheeseburgers, dill pickles.
4. My husband and I met on Craigslist in July 2009. He answered my ad, titled “Share My Sweet Tomatoes Coupon?” We got married on St. Patrick’s Day 2011.
5. I was in my 40s when I married for the first (and only) time. It was a challenge to learn how to share my day-to-day life (and space) with someone.
6. I am an anglophile when it comes to music – mostly UK artists among my favorites: U2, Sting, Cranberries, The Cure, New Order.
7. I have been in three relationships with alcoholics – and every time I found out, it caught me by surprise. My husband is sober now, but it’s been a journey to get there.
8. I LOVE thrift stores and estate sales. Had a tiny re-selling side business that died a fiery death because I never quite learned to rechannel the dopamine rush from spending money thrifting to making money from actually listing and selling the stuff I bought. Planning an online auction in January 2022 to liquidate it all in one fell swoop.
9. I am a collage artist – am just as likely to tear up a book as read it. My favorite resource for paper is colorful children’s books.
10. I love all things Irish. Have only been to Ireland once, but I cannot wait to go back. Someday I will have a home there.
BOOKS BY LAURA
The Gratitude Fairy
Get in the G Zone
Get in the G Zone Journal
Writers: A Little Book of Inspiration
GET IN TOUCH
Laura is always available for side collaborations and talks worldwide. If you want to chat about positivity, fairies, gratitude, books, or anything else, please don’t hesitate to reach out.